Cedar Hill’s Best IAQ Technicians
Dust in your home?
Musty smell from air vents?
Indoor Air Quality Improvement in Cedar Hill, Texas
Quality Air Means Quality Life
Over the past few months, we’ve spent more time indoors than outside. According to a report released by the Environmental Protection Agency, the quality of the air inside the average Cedar Hill home is about five times worse than that of the air outside. Keep your family and home healthy with air quality services from Milestone.
Get Your Assessment Today
Indoor Air Quality: What Is It?
Indoor air quality or IAQ is a reference to the quality of the air around and within a building, as it may relate to the comfort and health of the structure’s occupants. IAQ is a major problem for Cedar Hill’s homeowners, but knowing and monitoring the most common pollutants can reduce those worries. These contaminants include:
- Dust, pet dander, and other allergens: Dust mites are tiny bugs that live in bedding, carpet, upholstery, and other soft surfaces. While they’re invisible to the naked eye, they can have serious effects on your family’s health. Pet dander is a common source of allergies, as is dust. Thankfully, our indoor air quality assessments and other services can find these allergens and eliminate them.
- Volatile organic compounds: Also known as VOCs, these toxic compounds are emitted in gaseous form from aerosols, pesticides, air fresheners, cleansers, and dry-cleaned clothing. Once VOCs are airborne, they pose severe long- and short-term health effects such as nausea, throat irritation, and central nervous system damage.
- Viruses, germs, and bacteria: Poor IAQ may increase the risk of spreading contagious viruses and deadly bacteria. Once viruses and bacteria enter the body, they hijack normal cells and reproduce rapidly. They spread quickly through indoor air, but our indoor air quality assessments can help detect them.
Indoor pollutants cause health issues such as dizziness, nausea, fatigue, asthma, coughing, sneezing, headaches, respiratory infections, and more. The EPA says that low-quality indoor air is one of today’s top health concerns. Protect your home and your health by scheduling an IAQ assessment today.
How We Test Your Home's Air Quality
Eliminating pollution sources will reduce emissions and keep your air cleaner. Most IAQ issues involve improper HVAC function. That’s why it’s important to have one of our Technicians evaluate your system once per year. We can also test for pollutants such as:
- Lead: Cedar Hill homes built prior to 1978 may have lead-based paint. However, airborne lead dust can come from other sources, damaging the central nervous system, kidneys, and brain. Thankfully, HEPA filters eliminate most airborne lead.
- Radon: The area’s homeowners are strongly encouraged to perform radon testing. This odorless, colorless, and radioactive gas comes back up through the soil into homes via foundational holes, gaps, and cracks. Our radon testing is easy, relatively inexpensive, quick, and accurate.
- Carbon monoxide: Sometimes referred to as “the silent killer,” carbon monoxide is also odorless and colorless. Carbon monoxide can come from gas furnaces, stoves, dryers, and water heaters, and high levels may lead to dizziness, nausea, confusion, and death.
- Mold: Testing for airborne mold spores can be as easy as using a DIY kit, but our air quality assessments go into greater detail. An adequate humidity level will reduce mold growth and keep your family healthier. Efficient HVAC units will keep mold under control and lower the pollen count indoors. On another note, modern central air conditioning units can also make it easier to control indoor humidity levels.
From air quality assessments and air cleaners to whole-house humidifiers and dehumidifiers, there are many ways to improve the quality of the air inside your home. Call us today to schedule an appointment with one of our Cedar Hill air quality experts.
Our Indoor Air Quality Services Will Help You and Your Family Breathe Easier
Numerous risk factors may affect the quality of the air inside Cedar Hill’s homes. Our licensed and certified HVAC Technicians are trained to assess air quality and offer options to restore your health and that of your home. Adding advanced air purification technologies to an existing HVAC system is the first and best way to evaluate and control your home’s air quality.
Let Milestone ‘Fix it in a Flash' for You!
Let's Stay in Touch
Good health starts with high-quality air. Because we’re spending so much time at home these days, the quality of the air inside has become more important than ever. To eliminate airborne germs, dust, pet dander, bacteria, mold spores, radon, and other pollutants, an indoor air quality assessment is the first step. We’ve offered these services to Cedar Hill’s home and business owners for years, and we would love to count you among our satisfied customers. Use our email form to request more information or call today to book an appointment.